Wednesday, February 15, 2006

 

Valentine's Day

Here's an idea: let's create a holiday just for people with boyfriends/girlfriends! Oh wait...That's Valentine's Day: The biggest hit or miss day of the year! In my case, this day is almost ALWAYS a miss. I do not have a boyfriend, but why should that stop me from celebrating this day of love? Well, here are a few reasons why attempting to celebrate has added to my depression:

1) I realized that the flowers I received would last longer than most of my relationships
2) Dressing up and going to dinner with my roommate probably made everyone at the restraunt classify me as a lesbian
3) I still feel nautious 24 hours later from all of the cookies and candy I consumed while watching the Valentine's Day specials on TV
4) All of the cookies and candy I ate are most likely a factor in why I do not have a boyfriend
5) AND...After realizing these problems over a few glasses of wine I attempted to hit on a gay guy

So I would just like to thank everyone that is in a relationship for rubbing this holiday in the faces of all of the single people out there. We will be the ones handing you that pint of ice cream at the end of the day saying, "I told you so..."

HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY!

Comments:
To make yourself feel better, you might consider doing what my roommates and I did one Valentine's Day when we were in college. We used that removable puff paint to paint signs on our windows. We had signs like, "Hey, Cupid--Bite me!" and "Valentine's Day Sucks Ass." Not exactly classy, but we made our point.

And if it makes you feel better, I wish I'd had some of your candy and cookies. Alas, I had no junk food.
 
The junk food was really good. Unfortunatly my stomache has decided to keep it around as a souviner.
 
Stupid Valentine's Day.

I hate the world...
 
Ah, yes, The Runt is experiencing Fat Baby. I get that all the time.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?