Wednesday, January 18, 2006

 

Back To School

I love the first day of school because there is no penalty for showing up a little late, you don't have to lug any heavy books or spirals around yet, there is no homework, you get to buy new school supplies, AND you get to see what kind of people are in your classes. SMU is stereotyped for having very attractive-looking students, but (unfortunately) none of those people ever seem to end up in any of my classes. In the past I have gotten stuck in classes with some pretty nerdy, not-so-cute looking people. You'd think this would be good because there would be fewer distractions and the nerds could help you study in exchange for getting to associate themselves with you...but this is never the case. Nerds are competitive bastards! They do not want to help you. They want to intimidate you with their intellect, make you look stupid, and watch you fail. So, I was relieved to see that most of my classes are packed to the brim with the sorority and fraternity crowd (who I had plenty of time to study during rush). I know what their intentions are. They simply want to attend as few classes as possible and still pass the class...and maybe get a date or two in the process. They are no threat to me socially or intellectually. I like the color pink damnit! I have a good feeling about this semester.

Comments:
...but you are taking STATISTICS!

And you are taking it VOLUNTARILY!
 
what did deals just say? that's CRAZINESS. In all sincerity though, hope you have a great semester.
 
I know! She IS crazy! Who takes statistics voluntarily? That's right...NO ONE!

Of course, I managed to avoid math altogether in college. Actually, with the exception of the GRE, I haven't had a math class since my senior year in high school.

No statistics for me!!
 
Friends sometimes ask, "So, what's Amy studying?" I answer, " I have no idea, but the courses have titles like 'electrical engineering' and 'statistics.'"
When I say this, I can see in my friends' faces their unspoken reaction: "She must have been switched in the hospital."
Seriously, Sweetie, Go for it! I'm very proud of you!!
 
Uh, wait?...Mom?!

How did you?...When did you?...Uh, I mean, "HI".

(pssssst, Pee-Wee! We've been discovered...RUN!)

:P
 
OMG! It's true! Grammy Pammy really DOES have a blog!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?