Tuesday, November 01, 2005

 

About That Festival...

PIB seemed pretty concerned about Melissa's comment about the "fried squirrel festival." Well, no need to worry (I think). I had this really weird dream the other night that went something like this:
I was going over to get my bike, and when I left, there were all these older women walking around with trays that had these shriveled up, hairless, baby hampster-looking things on them. One of the women came up to me and asked, "Would you like to try a fried squirrel?!?" I was horrified. I mean, who eats tree rats? She explained that it was the SMU Fried Squirrel Festival, and that everyone pitches in to round up all the squirrels to fry and eat. At that point, I got on my bike and started to pedal away as fast as I could. There were ditches of dead fried squirrels EVERYWHERE, and just as many Stepford wife-looking women walking around to serve them to people.
When I woke up, I really couldn't decide whether my dream was a nightmare or not. I mean, as gross as it was that people would actually want to eat something as gross as a disease infested squirrel, it was kinda cool that all the squirrels were gone.

Comments:
I stopped today on my way to work so that a squirrel (carrying a nut) could safely cross the street.

I mean, they are SO cute! Why would anyone want to hurt them?!
 
They are just rats with bushy tails...VIVA LA RESISTANCE!
 
You are crazy.

VIVA LA RESISTANCE? Uh, what? I do not think you have any proof that the squirrels have declared war on you. You just keep advocating for their immediate slaughter (which seems unjustified, somehow). Maybe all squirrels should rise up and defend themselves against the likes of...well...you (small though you may be). After all, YOU are the one that is pondering how to cook and eat THEM - not the other way around. Squirrels are vegetarian pacifists. You are a SUV-driving sorority girl. Therefore, the villain in this situation is so OBVIOUSLY YOU (not the squirrels).

You are evil.

Plus, that poor squirrel whose nut you dug up and stole? Yeah, him. How do you know that he wasn't planting a tree? Maybe he was an environmentalist! I really think that you are the problem - not the cute, little squirrels. Maybe "fried gnome" should be served up for dinner tonight...!

So, HA! :P
 
I REALLY don't want to eat them....I doubt that shoving a stick up their ass and cooking them over an open fire would kill all the diseases that they have. I CHOOSE LIFE!
 
I would still like to ponder what GNOME ROASTED OVER AN OPEN FIRE would taste like...

...hmmmm...

...interesting concept!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?